This is the approach that we take at How to Accelerate Learning. Many other people do too (without calling it that!). In this blog series we will be looking at each of the 6 parts of the Learning Loop approach. So imagine …. what if, YOU were to take this approach:
Number 6: Learning interventions are underpinned by accelerated learning principles
I have been using accelerated learning principles for quite a number of years now and probably even before I knew what it was.
Accelerated learning brings together many models and theories which are practical and give results. Elliot Masie saw an improvement of 300% in the retention of information, switching from traditional to accelerated learning principles. I worked with an L&D team in Atos and Debbie Meddins, the manager reported a cut of 30% in trainer prep time.
So imagine if, your trainers took less time to prepare and the learning was more sticky? What might that mean:
- More time to develop relationships with stakeholders to keep your finger on the pulse of the organisation
- More time to explore new learning methodologies and a wider variety (see my #100ways2learn if you are stuck)
- More time to develop new skills and create more of a learning culture
- Fewer refresher courses and more credibility in L&D
- Performance improvements that are more sustainable and noticeable
Would you like to know more about this approach? Then you have some choices: